Heat Pump Stopped Working

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Woke up to discover my heat pump is blowing cold air. Planning to cut shore power to see if it will reset the unit. I would appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

Airxcel Model #48004-869

Thanks

Posted : February 9, 2019 1:15 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

What is the outside air temperature?

Posted : February 9, 2019 1:22 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

My guess it was in the mid 60's

Posted : February 9, 2019 9:15 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I think there is something in the control logic if you ask it for more then 8* warmer then the set point to current temp it will not turn on . try setting the heat pump to only raise the temp 5* the let it almost turn off and raise it again. 60* outside temps is fine . once it locks out heat pump it takes like 20 mins+ for it to try again.

Posted : February 10, 2019 7:41 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

It's 57* outside and the heat pump worked fine this morning. I took your advice and ran the temp up on 5-degree increments and it worked.

I appreciate your help.

Posted : February 10, 2019 10:08 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The heat pumps normally works when the outside temp is above 40F. However, if the request temperature is set well above coach temperature, the furnace automatically cuts in and over-rides the heat pump.

Every time I use the heat pump I check the outside temp, then set it 5 degrees above the coach temp and work up slowly.

Posted : February 10, 2019 7:48 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

It's 57* outside and the heat pump worked fine this morning. I took your advice and ran the temp up on 5-degree increments and it worked.

I appreciate your help.

leave the heat pump turned on before you go to bed . set to a temp that is reasonable to wake up to . Cold start on the heat pump it takes a lot longer to catch up.

Posted : February 10, 2019 9:59 PM
Share: