Thermostat (in)accuracy

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Is/has anyone experienced an issue of thermostat inaccuracy? If so has a fix been discovered?

Posted : March 3, 2019 2:14 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Bob
some have removed the thermostat off the wall and then stuffed insulation down below where it is mounted. The heat from the convertor travels up the inside of the wall to the thermostat, causing an inaccurate reading

Posted : March 3, 2019 2:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I was just researching this issue after freezing last night in our RW. Although the thermostat said was 77 degrees, a separate thermometer said it was 57. Brrr. At first I thought it may be just the thermostat was bad, but as I've been researching articles I found it could be my batteries (which are due to be replaced), or low pressure in our LP. If the batteries are bad they are not providing enough power to spin the fan. There is a switch on the heater fan that requires the fan to be spinning fast enough to activate the switch for the propane to fire and begin the process. That's my initial guess since my LP tanks are full. We were dry camping and couldn't have our generator running at night (quiet time where we were). Not sure Bob how much inaccuracy you were experiencing.

Posted : March 4, 2019 12:55 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We just ordered a new thermostat because it was giving us bad readings and short cycles.

Posted : August 15, 2019 5:54 PM
Share: