Notifications
Clear all

Internet Cable

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@rjack)
Topic starter

Hi, new member here, happy to be part of the group!

I am getting line of sight ground internet hooked up next week (a dish connects to a tower instead of a satellite for the signal) and I'll need to run cable from the dish mounted on a pole outside to inside the coach (2018 34RL) and wondering if anyone has done something similar, and if so, what is the best route to run a cable neatly inside? I've heard of folks temporarily going through the slide weatherstripping, but was hoping of a more permanent solution like routing up a (hopefully) accessible existing cable harness to the inside?

Also, I have the built in inverter and was wondering if it only powers the outlet for the residential fridge, as I've heard it was designed to only really power the fridge and not much else? Wondering as I was planning on powering the internet router off the inverter as well (only draws 4 watts, but AC).

Thanks in advance for any help!

RJ

Posted : June 1, 2020 2:32 PM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Hello and welcome to the group!

in my utility bay I have two cable connections - one for external satellite and one for cable  They both are orange cables that run to the space behind the living room TV. We have cable internet in Florida at our site so I used the “external satellite” cable to hook up our internet and connected that cable to my router. Didn’t run any new line; just used existing cables that are there. Hope that helps. 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : June 7, 2020 7:08 AM
Share: