Forum

Notifications
Clear all

tips on winter prep of washer

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

My plan is to pump all lines full with RV Anti Freeze, then turn on the dish washer and washing machine for a rinse cycle to purge all H2O from the units.
My main concern is making sure that any hose traps or other low points are treated and receive enough Anti Freeze.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks

Posted : October 8, 2016 11:35 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Andy, When I used your link to view the procedure in the technical library, I received the following error message:

Error
You are not authorised to view this resource.

I can get there going on my own, but the link provided doesn't work.

Just an FYI

Chris

Posted : October 9, 2016 4:27 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Thanks Chris - I'll check it out, but we really need somebody with a vastly superior knowledge of web design than me to tweak the menu structure.

Posted : October 9, 2016 5:19 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

I follow the owner manual winterization steps on both units and never had an issue in four years. Getting ready to do that in about four weeks.

Posted : October 9, 2016 8:26 PM
(@Anonymous)

link opened but had no reply on either washers.

Posted : October 9, 2016 8:47 PM
(@Anonymous)

I did my winter prep this afternoon which took about 1 1/2 hours with my fiddle style of doing projects. This is what I did.

All lines were drained, filter and screen filter removed, low point hot and cold lines drained, and water heater drained and by-passed Then Anti freeze was pumped in each line one at a time to clear any remaining h2o. Each trap was treated with 2 cups of Anti. Shower and stool received the same treatment. Then the washer was started on a rinse and drain cycle, followed by the same for the dish washer. Finally, I connected the outside shower/wash down hoses to the city water intake and cycled Anti into the system. All of this took more Anti (about 6 gallons) than servicing my previous Big Horn. I feel good about the protection, but welcome any thoughts to add or change.

Posted : October 9, 2016 9:07 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

You people need to move somewhere where that never needs to happen

Posted : October 10, 2016 12:08 AM
(@Anonymous)

You people need to move somewhere where that never needs to happen

Shane, we try to do that! This morning it's about -2C (that's about 28F) outside with our first hard frost. I try to not winterize the RW before we head south so the furnace is on to keep the systems warm.

I will have to use some more propane before we get going south in early November. I do winterize when we return home in early April though!

Posted : October 10, 2016 8:21 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

My dad is getting his motor home ready to head to Arizona for the winter. This is what they woke up to this morning in Edmonton Alberta

Posted : October 10, 2016 1:13 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Yuk!! It was 106 yesterday here in Arizona & I'll take that any day over snow/cold.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : October 10, 2016 6:30 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

I agree
95 here in cali

Posted : October 10, 2016 6:33 PM
Share: