Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Weatherization of RV

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

This year we are getting our Redwood ready for winter ourselves. Does anyone have a link on how to do this. There is of course the ice maker and dishwasher to deal with. Any help would be most appreciated :unsure: .

Posted : October 3, 2016 11:37 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Check out the article in the Technical Library on how do I winterise my Redwood.

http://www.redwoodrvowners-dev.com/2016-04-11-23-56-28/technical-library/common-problems-solutions/inside-the-coach/112-plumbing-system-inside

Posted : October 3, 2016 7:00 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

I just saw at our local Ace Hardware they have the pink stuff on sale for $1.99 . . For those of us that have no options other than to winterize , its a good price!! Check your local Ace out . .

Posted : October 3, 2016 7:48 PM
(@Anonymous)

One obvious thing that I missed in previous years (the decal with instructions was hidden in the basement) was to turn the winterization valve located just before the pump so that it sucks from the winterization line located near where the sewage drain pulls are. Turning the valve stops water or air from being pulled out of the fresh water tank. You have to open the access door and put your arm down to the pump area behind the basement wall.

I couldn't get suction on that line, so I hooked up a pump and pumped the anti freeze through the fresh water entry. This time I will try the correct way to run A/F through the RW!

Posted : October 3, 2016 11:34 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

This link takes me to a home page so I do not see a relating article to winterizing. We do not see the Winterize pull/button in our water panel. Could someone please post a picture? On the panel door Step 2 talks about it but I don't think it is labeled on ours.
:unsure:

Posted : October 30, 2016 2:50 PM
(@Anonymous)

I attached the link to the winterization article below, hopefully it will work for you.

There are 2 valves to throw, the one in the area where you connect the water hose to is for bypassing the water heater.

The other valve is located behind the basement wall and you access it by opening the door that exposes the water filter and the valve is on "the floor" just ahead (to the right) of the water pump. it turns a quarter turn and stops the pump from pulling water from the fresh water tank.

That valve is a bit tough to get to (at least for me!). I couldn't feel it (you can't see down if you reach from the outside), I ended up getting into the basement then sticking my head in so that I could see it. Once you do this locating it the second time from memory is easy.

link

Posted : October 31, 2016 8:11 AM
(@Anonymous)

I just saw at our local Ace Hardware they have the pink stuff on sale for $1.99 . . For those of us that have no options other than to winterize , its a good price!! Check your local Ace out . .

Ya that was sweet! Limit of 2, but she rang me up 6 times to let me have 12.

Posted : October 31, 2016 11:28 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

That's funny , like buying 6 packs from the local bar when we were kids on a Sunday..... or after hours.

I guess we did not have that limit of 2 here, i purchased 6 ( used for my pool also) all at one time with no questions asked...

Posted : October 31, 2016 5:53 PM
Share: