What did I do to my RW today

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Well, it’s that time of the year when I REALLY HAVE THE ITCH BAD. ( CAMPING B) ) we had 2 good days back to back with both weather, and wife so I jumped into it.

1- replaced the Lippert 4 steps with the MORryde Step Above..
2- pulled all wheels, repacked bearings and seals on the RW
3 replaced all of the caliper slide bolts, rubber boots, and sleeves on the RW
4 -washed the wheels only.... ran out of time
5- installed a new SuperGlide 4400 20k sliding hitch..old one was 14 years old, still working, but getting older.
6- took the factory running boards off the Ford and replaced them with Amp Research electric... NICE ! !
** on edit
I also flushed all the pink stuff out, we have our first outing in 2 weeks.

Posted : March 31, 2018 7:38 PM
(@Anonymous)

Well Joe, I worked on our Redwood, kind of in reverse to what you did. We just returned from the sunny south and I had to winterize the RW for it's short sleep until the weather warms up here in the cold north. I also took out anything that would freeze and put it into the house.

While winterizing I said a few bad words under my breath to Redwood, I had to get into the basement and stick my head through the door that accesses the water filter to see and turn that valve that shuts off the fresh water from the tank to the pump. Then, when I attempted to connect a short water hose to the winterizing line (to stick into the anti freeze can) I found it had a half inch fitting, not a hose fitting!

I plan to install a proper (two way) valve in the convenience center and plum the winterizing line correctly when the weather warms. I wonder if some of those Redwood designers have ever RV'd in their lives!

I'll write up the mod when I'm finished and post.

Posted : April 1, 2018 7:09 AM
Share: