Clear all

Canopy maintenance.

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Don’t get in this site all that much, but I am wondering if any of you have done a through cleaning of your awnings, and then applied Armor All to the top the top and bottom. I use it on so many other surfaces, I’m thinking it can only help with cleaning and make the fabric last longer. 
Appreciate your thoughts and comments. 

Posted : May 2, 2020 7:05 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

Posted by: @thewehrs

Don’t get in this site all that much, but I am wondering if any of you have done a through cleaning of your awnings, and then applied Armor All to the top the top and bottom. I use it on so many other surfaces, I’m thinking it can only help with cleaning and make the fabric last longer. 

Interesting... What exactly is " Armor " that you would apply?  I would be all for trying depending on what it is...

Posted : May 3, 2020 6:27 AM
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@ford-truck-guy, it is in all auto stores, Walmart etc. I use it on vinyl, plastic door panels, steering wheels etc. makes everything shine and slick. I did my awnings yesterday since they are vinyl and they look like brand new. 

Posted : May 3, 2020 9:23 AM
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Also the material looks like and probably is just like the tire black material used on the tires. 

Posted : May 3, 2020 9:45 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

Also the material looks like and probably is just like the tire black material used on the tires. 

Interesting... I use Aerospace 303 on all my plastics and vinyls .... I will look at that stuff.

I like 303 because it is basically a sun tan lotion for everything it puts on and works really well... 

Posted : May 3, 2020 6:07 PM
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@ford-truck-guy

your product may be so

much better than what I’m using. I use my product on my

vinyl truck bed cover and it works great, so I thought I would use it on my canopies. Thanks for responding always nice to kick ideas around with others. Learning as we go. Be safe and stay healthy. 

Posted : May 4, 2020 4:13 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

@ford-truck-guy

your product may be so

much better than what I’m using. I use my product on my

vinyl truck bed cover and it works great, so I thought I would use it on my canopies. Thanks for responding always nice to kick ideas around with others. Learning as we go. Be safe and stay healthy. 

I'm gonna look into your product and try to compare for myself... I know when I started using 303 I had researched it and found that Disney used/ or uses it on their stuff to stop fading... and it was formulated for Boing Aircraft and the aerospace industry - clicky

Posted : May 4, 2020 4:47 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

I have to apologize, when reading this first, I was on my small phone and did NOT realize that it is " Armor all" you are using.. I have red and been told by many that Amor All will dry out prematurely and cause dry rot earlier than expected....basically Armor All is a silicone based product and does not allow material or products to breath .     - clicky

Posted : May 4, 2020 4:55 AM
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@ford-truck-guy

thanks for the info and article. I guess I’m showing my age, because back in the day I used Armor All on all my last vehicles without issues. 
I guess once will be enough on my canopies 

thanks for sharing. 

Posted : May 4, 2020 5:30 AM
(@thewehrs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@ford-truck-guy

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. 

Posted : May 4, 2020 6:45 AM
Share: