Notifications
Clear all

Tires

8 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
(@masterchief)
Topic starter  

I would like to hear the pros and cons on sailun tires. Reading other post I see either sailun  or goodyear tires. Seeing the significant price difference on these tires I was leaning towards the sailun. I have pressed my luck on the westlakes as we have a 2015RE.  

Michelle
(@mhs4771)

After one of my 4 1/2 year old expensive G114's exploded on the way to the Rally this past summer.  I jumped ship and put on a full set of the Sailun 17.5" tires on new rims.  Cost of a Sailun and new rim was less than the cost of a G114.
Approx 4500 miles on the Sailun's, traveling temps and pressure increase pretty close to what the GYs were.
FYI since we travel heavy I'm running at max pressure of 125 PSI.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Safala123 reacted
ReplyQuote
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

I think folks may get tired of hearing me sing the praises of Sailun. They are outstanding tires, and even when shredded from road hazard or equipment problems, many have not had them blow. I still cannot find one documented blowout from tire failure of a Sailun except for 5 years ago on a heavy truck- not so with Goodyear G or H tires, but GY has been pretty good about reimbursing for damage to the siding. There was one guy on the Montana forum who claimed a blowout on his Sailun, but about 10 pages in he said it was determined that the failure was caused by a road hazard, not a tire failure. I don’t think you’ll be sorry at all. 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

ReplyQuote
(@rgbg75)

HI PAUL,

When you say Sailun is there a specific model you recommend i.e. Sailun S637T. On this one I don't see a load rating and maybe this tire doesn't have one? I have 5 year old westlakes and pushed them about as far as I want to. Just a little more information would be very helpful to me and maybe others. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Yes, the 16" tires are the S637T. 

http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T (HD ST)

If you have or want the 17.5", most everyone goes with the 215/75R17.5:

http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

ReplyQuote
(@buan-lester)

still have the 2014 tires on my RedWood, BUT have been i the Philippines now for almost 3 years (due to covid breakout ) now with things opening up (Ukrine now a ????) will be returning to the USA for 6months to a year. I will be changing out the tires. B4 we left there was a great deal on tires and wheels from PT&B. Is he still in business and offer the deal now? or does anyone. 16 inch Goodyear 614 on now?   Praying to get back in June. Thanks Bobby & Victoria.

ReplyQuote
(@simon)

Here in Canada I upgraded to a 14 ply tire and asked specifically about sailun s637 tires but they were difficult to source at the time in our location at that point. I was referred to and purchased Ironhead tires with the same specifications and was told they are the same tire. Reviews were good so I proceeded. Recently when the sailun recall was distributed I noticed the brand name Ironhead was included...?!?. Is anyone aware of or able to explain the relationship between the two brands? They have been performing flawlessly and I am very happy with them.

ReplyQuote
ROG - Paul
(@rog-paul)
Estimable Member Admin

@simon This is good to know about Ironhead. I have never heard of them, but do remember seeing that on the list for recall. Keep us posted on their performance.

ReplyQuote
Share: