Golf cart carrier

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I am looking for a carrier for a golf cart to put on the back of my 38GK Redwood. Any suggestions?

Posted : February 6, 2019 1:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Go online and check out Idaho Tote and also swivel wheel. These attach to the rear of the trailer making it one unit and you are able to back it up

Posted : February 6, 2019 3:09 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the info but I am looking for something that is not towed but attaches to receiver hitch or mounts to frame on the back of the RV. I looked at hydralift but was seeing what other less expensive options are available. A drive up on ramps in lieu of hydraulic should be much less money, if available.

Posted : February 6, 2019 3:30 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Considering that the boat hitch on the rear of the Redwood and others is only rated to tow 3000 lbs and 300 lb max tongue weight you would have to substantially beef up the hitch, bumper receiver areas. If you are not past your warranty it will void the warranty by Lippert. And subsequent frame damage might total the coach out. I would not do that.

Posted : February 6, 2019 4:51 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have looked into it for hauling my bike and a golf cart with the width of it would only work on a trailer or the 2 I mentioned. The 2 are attached to the frame with 3 receivers and have their own wheels to carry the weight. The hydra lift is ideal for a motorhome where the rear axles are close to the rear of the unit. Our 5 wheel with th axle farther ahead would put a lot of stress on the frame by adding 12 to 1500 lbs hanging out back

Posted : February 6, 2019 5:24 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I wouldn't attempt that even on a DRV 15" Box Frame, let alone on a 12" I Beam with 10" front drop down section.

Posted : February 6, 2019 9:31 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Your cheapest/easiest solution would be a small trailer, just golf cart size, hitch up & go. Add a ball to your golf cart & once unloaded pull the trailer with gc to wherever its out of the way, done.
NO WAY would I attach one of those lift type contraptions, hydraulic or otherwise, to any 5th wheel trailer.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : February 6, 2019 9:45 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I am looking for a carrier for a golf cart to put on the back of my 38GK Redwood. Any suggestions?

heavy duty tractor , hitch moved back and there is enough room behind the sleeper for a smart car or golf cart.

here is a example of what I would do.
https://www.rvhaulers.ca/inventory/sold-road-ready-2009-volvo-780-named-snick/

Posted : February 6, 2019 9:47 PM
(@Anonymous)

I don't think Hydralift would install on the Lippert 12" frame, especially for a golf cart. I have seen Hydralift for a Harley on a big Kountry Aire 5th wheel but those things were tanks and had tandem dual rear wheel axles.

The Idaho Tote Shane mentioned is the better bet - there was one for sale here for a while. Just watch your turns. A guy just about clipped me pulling out of a gas station in Telluride last summer with an ATV on a tote. His tail swing is extended about 10' with that on there and some don't realize the arc that produces.

Posted : February 8, 2019 1:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Go online and check out Idaho Tote and also swivel wheel. These attach to the rear of the trailer making it one unit and you are able to back it up

My bike rack, which mounts on the trailer hitch. hit on a steep exit from a campsite.
I worry that something like the Idaho Tote, unless it can tilt vertically, could damage the frame.

Posted : February 8, 2019 2:58 PM
(@Anonymous)

My bike rack, which mounts on the trailer hitch. hit on a steep exit from a campsite.
I worry that something like the Idaho Tote, unless it can tilt vertically, could damage the frame.

Yes, they tilt vertically. That is way too far of a span between axles not to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bTVwa_69Do

Posted : February 8, 2019 3:22 PM
Share: