Hauler Bed

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Our tow vehicle is a 2013 F350 Dually that I don't foresee replacing. Love the truck, it does it's job well and the price of a new one is more than we'll probably spend on a little cabin when we come off the road. Lol.

I'm really thinking of getting a hauler bed to replace the pickup box. The box is never used for any kind of loose cargo but with the Roll n Lock cover is used for storage. A hauler bed would have built in storage compartments and also more than likely additional fuel and a big forward storage box. Not to mention great access to the hitch and no worries of bed clearance.

So ....... for any of you that have one, do you like it, and what would you change or add if you had it to do over ??

Brand and model appreciated !!

Thanks all !!

Posted : November 10, 2019 5:00 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

My big question would be how much weight can you add to the rear axel of your truck when your loaded with fuel and pin weight? I would guess that your going to be close with a the new bed.

The other thing I just discovered , Massachusetts just passed a law that one ton 3500 duel rear wheels with factory bodies DO NOT need commercial tags if used for hauling your personal RV. they must be registered to you not a business and can not haul freight for money. This law just changed in October last year. I would question if a hauler bed would be a issue but just something to think about. Classy Chassis , utility bodywerks comes to mind if your looking deeper .

Posted : November 10, 2019 9:19 PM
(@Anonymous)

The other consideration may be your license class. In our province, a 350 with a hauler bed would require a commercial drivers license, our 450 Dually doesn't with the factory box.

Posted : November 11, 2019 9:09 AM
Share: